Super Mario bros Z ep 6 Super Mario bros Z ep 6

Not to put down your newer work...

But this was a lot more interesting to watch than ep7. The combat was better choreographed and the episode just flows a lot better.

I know you've been out of practice for a bit, so here's looking forward to ep. 8 and a return to form. :)

Spam Day Madness Spam Day Madness

I hear you on that one...

Most of it's been getting zero's from me. It wouldn't be so bad if some of it was actually funny or well done, but most of it's just spam with no thought put into it at all. -_-;

So for anyone reading this whos thinking of adding to the spam - at least *try* to make it something worth our bandwidth. :D

lipnig responds:

LIBERATE THE PORTAL COMRADS or PATRIOTS..

Anarchistificationer Anarchistificationer

Neato.

Some performance issues aside, this is pretty classy. Pretty trippy as well. :)

Box Dodge Fury Box Dodge Fury

AH~! THEY ARE BOMBING ME WITH CARDBOARD~!

Runs fairly well, but theres a few glitches you might want to look at. The collision box for Sticky is a little large, which leads to some fasle deaths from time to time.

On top of that, if you stop by pressing (left) without letting go of (right), the game difficulty ramps up a lot faster than if you just stop. I was getting carpet bombed at ~200 feet, whereas just stopping let me go an extra hundred or so before the rain started.

Just thought you should know. :]

Entering a Nightmare [WIP] Entering a Nightmare [WIP]

I have the same trouble - if I'm writing a track it tends to get to two minutes or so before I run out of ideas for it. If a track's going to be longer than that, it comes naturally, no point forcing it.
Something I've learned is that it's better not to make a song longer just for the hell of it - but instead to focus on making the time it has as interesting as possible.

Anyyyway... on to the review. The static at the start could probably use something where it ends - either a fade out or introducing a stutter or something before it dies, and the risers from 01:32 to 01:39 could probably do with having the repeat cut out. I know that would make the track ~3 seconds shorter, but would help the flow there a bit. Sometimes less is more. :)

That said, I can't really fault the production side of things. It's not overcompressed, and the sounds aren't muddy.

Cheers,
~M

Cataclysm [RD2010] Cataclysm [RD2010]

Awesome

Very well done. Reminds me a lot of the soundtrack for 'Rollcage' - this would have been right at home there.

Wouldn't surprise me if this creeps up in a game at some point.

AlexCo responds:

Ahh yeah, I used to love rollcage. :D

Hurry! [FFVII] Hurry! [FFVII]

o_O

Heyo.

Just a few seconds in and I can already tell the Bass is too loud - it's distorting the other instruments somewhat. :S

That said, this is pretty damned close to the one used in the game - that's probably why it's scored low. Might help to mix things up a bit instead of sticking too close to the original - people will probably think you've rendered a midi from the game. Not saying you have - but it's that close.